July 29th, 2010
Like any other infections, acne is one kind of infection that occurs with the sebaceous glands present in your skin. These glands are connected to the hair follicles and the primary work of these glands is to release the sebum. This is kind of oil that is required to make your skin waterproof.
When the follicles and the pores present in your skin become plugged by pollution, dirt, oil or dead cells sebum gets trapped inside and thus acne are formed. This is a kind of infection and becomes severe when not treated at the earlier and right stage. Among the available medicines to the acne lotion is of the effective products.
While you are treating your acne with the help of a lotion you need to take extra care and need follow the below mentioned factors seriously:
- You need to stop using oil based make up, hair products and similar kind of cosmetic products.
- You need to avoid usage of harsh soaps and facial scrubs and cleansing products.
- Take showers on a regular basis and wash your face with the help of a gentle and mild soap.
- Don’t squeeze the mark or any kind of pimple present on your skin.
When you start using the acne lotion, the retinoic acid and other useful compound present in it promotes the sloughing of dead cells. Some doctors even advice of combining the antibiotic lotions to control the severity of the acne.
Make sure that you consult your dermatologist before using any kind of acne lotion.
July 23rd, 2010
Along with the various admired beauty products a large space is occupied by acne products which are highly in demand among the people suffering from acne related issues. In today’s modern age, acne products not only effectively treat acne but also prevent its recurrence.
The range of acne products is vast. Right from face wash and cleansers to face masks and acne gels, there is a wide variety and numerous brands of acne products. In such a condition, it can be rather tough to choose the best over-the counter product.
A few most important tips to be followed while choosing your best acne product would be:
- Check if the product matches your skin type.
- Find out the bacteria fighting and moisturizing capabilities of the product.
- Check the ingredients to ensure that none of them are capable of causing allergies to your skin.
- Be sure to read the review of the experienced customers which can be highly beneficial.
- Be well informed about any side effects or risks in using the product.
Always see to it that the acne products chosen by you contain herbal and natural ingredients. It is always advisable to seek guidance from a dermatologist to be sure of not falling a prey to many low-quality and cheap acne products. In severe cases, some oral medications are also prescribed along with these acne removal products.
Acne products if used in an apt way with proper guidance are certainly quite effective in restoring clear and healthy skin. The way you choose and use them is what matters the most.
July 15th, 2010
Just like facial acne, body acne is a troublesome problem faced by a large number of people in the world. Body acne and facial acne are almost alike, though the former may lead to more harsh acne lesions.
Acne is known to develop on any body part with exception to the palms and the feet which are the areas that are have no sebaceous follicles. Irritation caused to the pores due to oil, sweat and synthetic clothing leads to clogging of infectious bacteria on the skin surface thereby forming acne nodules.
Body acne more often affects neck, back, buttocks and shoulders. Avoiding irritation can give relief from body acne up to a great extent.
- Wear cotton clothing that allows your body pores to breathe. Try changing your clothing if you feel sweaty.
- Time your exercise schedule such that you can have a shower using a soft sponge and hypoallergenic soap before using your Body Regimen.
- Wash your clothes with mild detergents.
- Focus on having healthy diet that includes more vegetables, fruits and lean meat.
- Generally take special care not to irritate the skin in the body areas where you regularly break out.
Healthy diet and good hygiene is quiet effective in keeping light acne in control. However in case of severe body acne, it is important to take proper medical advice from a dermatologist. In such cases topical or oral medication is prescribed. Medications such as Trentinoin (Avita, Retin-A) and Adapalene (Differin) are known to provide desirable results.
July 10th, 2010
Acne is a skin condition that is known to blemish several body parts including face, chest, neck, shoulders, upper arms and back. Sadly, facial acne is the most evident form of acne and brings in a lot of embracement and disgrace. Facing the public around with zits, pimples, blackheads and whiteheads often leads to low self-esteem.
Facial acne is more common as compared to the acne formation on other parts of the body. The reason behind this is the huge number of sebaceous glands on the facial skin that secrete a lot of oil.
Facial acne, though it is more intense among teens is known to affect people irrespective to age. In acute cases, some deep rooted acne can end up leaving facial acne scars that are very difficult to get rid of.
A few preventive measures:
- Understand your skin type and cleanse and moisturize your skin in the morning as well as before going to bed as a basic routine.
- Dab a small amount of good acne fighting cream to any affected area. Avoid popping, picking and pressing it.
- Prevent or fight any acne related problems with medicinal oil control face wash. Applying a thin coat of salicylic acid after cleansing is always helpful.
- Make use of non-comedogenic, oil-free moisturizers, sun-screens and make-up which do not clog facial skin pores.
- Keep your hands away from your face that prevents dirt, bacteria and oil from carrying to your facial skin.
Apply homemade facial masks that apart from being the best cleansing option for your facial skin and pores, helps maintain skin tautness.
July 6th, 2010
Acne scar, the worst impact left by an acne lesion is known to be most devastating leading to awkwardness and embarrassment amongst a lot of victims. Fortunately, with growth of new technologies, treating acne scar has become a lot easier. Moving from dermabrasion to laser resurfacing, acne scar removal treatments are getting better day by day.
In laser resurfacing, the absorption of laser light by the skin cells leads to instantaneous destruction or vaporization of the cells allowing removal of damaged skin and tightening of middle layer. The upper skin heals by restoring the burned skin layers with the new skin. Proper post-operative care is a key to success of the treatment.
The most admired laser acne scar treatments include Er:YAG (erbium:YAG ) and carbon dioxide (CO2). Generally, laser acne scar treatments are capable of eradicating scars completely with no damage to the skin. It is a quick procedure that takes less than an hour. The power of the laser being very much precise, keeps away from any unaffected skin.
Benefits of laser acne scar treatment:
- Highly precise procedure
- Less painful
- Admirable end results
The surgeons performing laser acne scar resurfacing are highly qualified and experienced with substantial artistic capabilities. This is an extremely important requirement as surgeons need to accurately re-craft the affected skin cells using a highly precise tool.
Laser acne scar treatments differ from person to person depending on the severity and the disposition of the individual to form acne scars.