Acne lotion is another effective way to treat acne. There are many brands of acne lotions available, all of which work on the common principle of cleansing the skin and clearing the face of dirt and oils. Benozyl peroxide is one of the most common specific chemical found in the lotion and is readily available over the counter.
Although, acne-treating lotion helps getting rid of scarring and helps clear your face of dead skin cells it is advisable to follow the instructions or consult a dermatologist as some compounds in it may have side effects and are not suitable for all persons.
Precautions while using Acne lotion
- It is very important to use the acne lotion only as directed. Using more than recommended on the label may cause irritation of the skin.
- The application of the lotion should be avoided around the eyes, lips, inside the nose, or on sensitive areas of the neck.
- The lotion should be avoided on sunburned skin or open wounds, unless prescribed by your doctor.
- Read the directions carefully before applying the lotion.
Applying acne Lotion
- After having washed your face with a nontoxic or medicated soap, use a clean applicator to apply acne-treating lotion on your face. Apply the lotion spreading it around wholly. Rub gently on your face slowly so that all the oils and compounds are absorbed by the face.
- The lotion can be applied in the morning and prior to going to bed at night. The lotion works more effectively when put on a clear skin.
- The oils, Vitamin E, minerals along with the chemical compound seal the porous regions of the face thereby enhancing the healing impact and preserving the much-needed moisture of the face.
Thus, the acne lotion helps in rejuvenating, feeding and reconstructing the skin thereby keeping acne away from your life.