Acne is a skin condition that is known to blemish several body parts including face, chest, neck, shoulders, upper arms and back. Sadly, facial acne is the most evident form of acne and brings in a lot of embracement and disgrace. Facing the public around with zits, pimples, blackheads and whiteheads often leads to low self-esteem.
Facial acne is more common as compared to the acne formation on other parts of the body. The reason behind this is the huge number of sebaceous glands on the facial skin that secrete a lot of oil.
Facial acne, though it is more intense among teens is known to affect people irrespective to age. In acute cases, some deep rooted acne can end up leaving facial acne scars that are very difficult to get rid of.
A few preventive measures:
- Understand your skin type and cleanse and moisturize your skin in the morning as well as before going to bed as a basic routine.
- Dab a small amount of good acne fighting cream to any affected area. Avoid popping, picking and pressing it.
- Prevent or fight any acne related problems with medicinal oil control face wash. Applying a thin coat of salicylic acid after cleansing is always helpful.
- Make use of non-comedogenic, oil-free moisturizers, sun-screens and make-up which do not clog facial skin pores.
- Keep your hands away from your face that prevents dirt, bacteria and oil from carrying to your facial skin.
Apply homemade facial masks that apart from being the best cleansing option for your facial skin and pores, helps maintain skin tautness.